“It’s festival season!” …Let’s face it, festival season is all year around.
Ticket sales are going on sale now earlier than ever consuming our wallets and our minds come January year after year. Adventurers on the East Coast are daydreaming about how to get west come April. And for people in the music, food, and film festival industry all the way from Directors to the press outlets and down to the passionate photographers, it’s not a season, it’s a lifestyle.
This lifestyle and career path is being celebrated and discussed at the upcoming coveted music, food, beverage, and film festivals conference, FestForums®. In its return to NYC this May 11-12th held at Time Inc, the pioneering event is uniting the leaders and the learners at a perfect time, right before the East Coast and Middle America kick off its festival productions and as due dates for planning inch closer.
Festival industry leaders from Rolling Stone, Bonnaroo, Panorama, Goldenvoice, Snowglobe, Austin City Limits, Life is Beautiful, Ultra, and Tribeca, just to name a few, will be gathering to share their knowledge of the industry via panel discussions and keynote presentations. With the most intelligent, creative, and successful trailblazers in the room, to say the two-day event will be inspirational is an understatement.
FestForums® provides a rare opportunity to be face to face with some of most influential festival innovators, covering essential topicssuch as ticketing, latest technology, sponsorships, scheduling, operations, sustainability, charitable work, innovation, safety, and talent, while of course, being an incubator for networking opportunities. Hearing personal stories and guiding words from the experts will get everyone’s gears going for collaborations and future work.
What stood out to us on the lineup is a session discussing how to produce a festival, (a talk that would have been helpful for Ja Rule), with Kyle Casey (Festival Director, Panorama), Ricky Ginsburg (Festival and Touring Production, Bonnaroo | Outside Lands | Boston Calling | Eaux Claires), Jonathan Baden, (Director of Production, AEG/Panorama), just to name a few.
Here’s a rundown of what’s being offered:
• Keynote delivered by Fisher Stevens, Actor/Director/Producer(The Royal Budapest Hotel”, “Before the Flood”, “The Cove”) and Geoffrey Gilmore, Gilmore Consultancy LLC and former Director of Sundance and former Chief Creative Officer of Tribeca Film Festival
• Backstage Pass: Creating An Optimal Experience For Talent At Your Festival moderated by Andrea Helfrich, On-camera Host/Producer, Ultra Music Festival
• Checking The Festival Pulse moderated by Keith Goldberg Chief Revenue Officer, Vendini
• Romancing Your Festival’s Audience lead by Barry Ross Rinehart Executive Creative Director, Multi Image Group
• The Smartest Thing I Ever Did (With Technology) moderated by Susan Johnston Founder/Director, New Media Film Festival
• Media At Your Festival moderated by Russell Ward Owner/Founder, The Confluence
• Lights! Camera! Releases!! Filming Your Festival: Business, Logistical and Legal Aspects moderated by Bill Hochberg Partner, Greenberg Glusker, LLP
• Lifetime Achievement Award Ceremony presented to George Wein, Founder of The Newport Jazz Festival and co-founder with Pete Seeger of the Newport Folk Festival