It’s a well known fact that the shoes make the outfit. So, why not go all out this season with some wild pairs? Kick your wardrobe up a notch with this summer’s hottest footwear trends!
// FUNKY FLATFORMS
Can’t decide between sneakers and sandals? Don’t worry; sporty platforms have got you covered. Look for extra thick soles that will elevate your look and last for all day comfort. Contrast color blocking can kick it up a notch further by adding a retro, athletic touch. Long Summer strolls are no match for these uber-comfortable sandals.
- Flatform Universal – Teva.com
- KG By Kurt Geiger Neutron Black & White Flatform Sandals – Asos.com
- Platform Strap Sandals – Shop.mango.com
// CREEPY COOL
Ever since Rihanna’s Creepers arrived on the scene, suede sneakers with contrast rubber soles have been popping up everywhere. They’re the perfect, punk rock sneaker that will edge up any outfit. Pair with denim or leather and take these bad boys to Friday night’s show and Sunday afternoon’s brunch.
- Puma by Rihanna Creepers – Us.puma.com
- Steve Madden Platform Sneakers – Shop.nordstrom.com
- Mango LaceUp Leather Sneakers – Shop.mango.com
// STICKIN’ IT TO THE CLASSICS
Well, kind of. It’s all about going old school this summer with updated versions of the most loved skater shoes. State of the art technology fused with vintage style makes for an epic throwback.
- Vans Authentic Platform – Vans.com
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star II High Top – Asos.com
- Vans Sk8Hi Reissue Zip Leather Sneaker – Nastygal.com
// 90’S STYLE
The Clintons are running for the white house and Pokémon is in style again; it’s obvious that the 90’s are back and here to stay. Bring back the most ridiculous, rad look of the decade with these rainbow, platform flip-flops. Pair with overalls for some epic 90’s glamour.
- YRU Prism Strap Mega Flatform Sandals – Asos.com
- Rocket Dog Bigtop Webbing Multi – Rocketdog.com
- Rocket Dog Bigtop Webbing Wedge Flip Flops – Rocketdog.com
// KINKY BOOTS
Just because the weather heats up doesn’t mean your boots have to stay in the closet. Perfect for any festival or club, a super tall statement boot will transform your outfit. Metallics, leather, and suede are some of this summer’s most loved styles. Wear an oversized tshirt dress on top for glamrock looks.
- Matisse Truth Be Gold KneeHigh Leather Boot – Nastygal.com
- Jeffrey Campbell Perouze Thigh High Boot – Nastygal.com
- Nasty Gal Up to There OvertheKnee Boots – Nastygal.com
// GYM SLIDES
Slide into summer with another trend straight from the gym. Athletic slides with a chic twist are as comfortable as they are cool. Destroyed denim cropped above the ankle will enhance the shoes’ grungy glam.
- Zara Vinyl Slides – Zara.com
- Puma by Rihanna Fur Slide – Us.puma.com
- Calvin Klein Jeans Chantal White Slider Flat Sandals – Asos.com
// BLOCK HEELS
Sick of getting your heels stuck in the sidewalk grates? Well there’s a smarter and much more stylish solution than stilettos, and you don’t have to sacrifice the height boost. Block heels are this seasons most sensible and versatile shoe. They look great with just about anything. Try culottes and a cropped blouse for a classy ensemble.
- Zara D’Orsay Shoes With Ankle Strap – Zara.com
- Public Desire Lydia Slingback Heels – Publicdesire.com
- Zara Buckled Block Heel Shoes – Zara.com